Everything you need to know about entering theBake-Off!
- Required: a copy of your recipe for each entry. Include all ingredients and directions. Give your dish a name if you want to!
- Recipes will be auctioned off after the judging (to benefit GLSEN). Winner of bidding for each recipe has the option of also taking the baked goods. Ribbons go to the bakers!
- UPDATE: No entry fee this year! Just bring your goodies & recipes!!
- Deliver your goods to North 4th Arts Center, 4904 4th St NW., Albq, NM 87107.
- Deliver between 6:00 and 6:45 p.m. Really. Judging starts at 7:00 and it takes time to check in and, besides, you want a good seat for the poetry slam.
- Bake it yourself! All items are to be entered in the name of the person who made it.
- Bake it from scratch! No mixes, canned filling or frosting, or store-bought crusts, etc.
- IMPORTANT! Bring your item in a pan or on a plate you don't care about getting back! The recipes will be auctioned off and your plate or dish will probably go home with the person who buys your recipe (and thereby gets the goodies).
- Bring the whole batch. Whatever you make, bring the whole recipe's worth.
- See "Tips & Ideas" page to check out the what the judges will use as criteria.
- The staff running the Bake-Off will have final say on acceptability of entries and may choose to combine, expand or consolidate categories.
- By entering, you give your permission for your recipe to be auctioned, for pictures of you and/or your entry to be taken and published online, and to have other announcements made including your name.